This text is part of the SwordSearcher Deluxe Study Library.
Module type: Book
Module abbreviation: ISBE
“When I'm writing letters to our listeners or writing something for the program it's my 'go-to' resource. Love your product.”
—Marvin McElvany, Southwest Radio Ministries
Read more user comments
The Deluxe library includes hundreds of volumes. Discover how fast, convenient, and powerful software is compared to mere online study tools.
The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (ISBE) is a classic reference work of Christian scholarship.
The ISBE contains almost 10,000 articles from over 200 authors with:
- Historical and archeological information.
- Doctrinal positions from different schools of theology.
- Outlines of books and chapters.
- Outlines of the life of people in the Bible, including genealogies.
- Descriptions of lands, customs, and literature.
- Dictionary entries for each major word of Scripture.
James Orr, M.A., D.D. General Editor
John L. Nuelsen, D.D., LL.D. Edgar Y. Mullins, D.D., LL.D. Assistant Editors
Morris O. Evans, D.D., PhD. Managing Editor
Melvin Grove Kyle, D.D., JJ.D. Revising Editor
Five volume set, 1939.
As with all books in the SwordSearcher library, the ISBE can be searched instantly by word or phrase and scripture reference, with relevant entries optionally linked in the Bible margin.